Match the sentences with their functions. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- This time on Wednesday I will be flying to Italy.
- Don’t call Susan after 8 PM; she’ll be having dinner.
- I'll be leaving at 9 o’clock. (So don’t be late!)
- Will you be bringing your wife to the office party?
- Jack will be waiting for you when your train arrives.
- While Ann is reading, Rick will be watching TV.
- I'll be working in the office for the next two hours.
- arrangements, often as a reminder or warning
- parallel actions in the future
- action will be in progress at a specific time in the future
- interrupted action in the future
- future Events that last a while
- predictions of present or future actions
- asking politely about the future