Grammar - Modal Verbs 1
Match the sentences with their functions. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- You had better slow down. You are driving too fast!
- Susan always needs to do the shopping on Fridays.
- George can speak French fluently.
- Passengers may take one cabin bag on board the plane.
- Mary shouldn't be sitting here just doing nothing!
- In Ireland you have to renew your TV licence every year.
- Shall we throw a party sometime next weekend?
- You mustn't drive in this country unless you are over eighteen.
- Would you like me to do the shopping for you?
- Could I use your laptop, please?