Past Simple vs Past Continuous 3
Rewrite the sentences using the prompts, putting in commas where necessary. You will need to use
past simple or past continuous
1) cut | bread | when | he | cut | his finger
2) Mark and Emma | travel | on Sunday | I | still | prepare | the party for their arrival
3) take | the pizza | out of the oven and | place | it | carefully | on the worktop
4) Jimmy | be | at school | he | constantly | lose | things
5) have | a shower at the time | so | she | not hear | the doorbell
6) live | in Amsterdam | I | walk | through the park | every day
7) you | do | from 9.30 to 10.30 | yesterday morning
8) try | to open the window | my telephone | ring
bread when he
While Mark and Emma
on Sunday, I
was still preparing
the party for their arrival.
the pizza out of the oven and
it carefully on the worktop.
at school, he
was constantly losing
a shower at the time, so she
in Amsterdam, I
through the park every day.
were you doing
from 9.30 to 10.30 yesterday morning?
to open the window, my telephone