Vocabulary - Verbs with different meanings 'HOLD'
Match the words in bold with a suitable alternative. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- In Misrata, there is no sign of the regime's willingness to hold fire.
- Mr Roberts is busy at the moment – would you like to hold?
- The footbridge didn’t look as though it would hold.
- The judge held that the child’s interests in this case must come first.
- Twenty per cent of our shares are now held by UK investors.
- There wasn't much in the museum to hold my attention.
- I hope that this sunny weather holds until the end of the week.
- The Boeing 747 can hold 416 passengers in a typical three-class layout.