Questions 1 - 6
For each question, choose the correct answer.
♦ THIS MONTH'S ♦
get a free scarf with clothes orders over £50!
1) What is this month's special offer? A) All the clothes apart from scarves cost only £50.B) The clothes you can buy here are cheaper than usual.C) You get a gift if you spend more than £50 on clothes.
George Maria thinks there's a spare room available in your flat. Would you like to rent it to me? I'll be back next month - please call me on 805477687. Mark
2) Why does Mark want to phone him?A) to plan his visit this month.B) to discuss sharing accommodation.C) to talk about Maria's offer of rent.
Keep the door closed.
3) A) The lift machinery might be stolen if the door is not kept shut.B) You must close the door, because the machinery inside is dangerous.C) Do not talk to the operator while the machinery is running.
Hi, Monika! I didn't buy the tickets because I got there too late and the theatre was closed. But my brother has promised to buy the tickets for us tomorrow. Yolanda
4) Yolanda informs Monika that her brotherA) will get the tickets for them.B) has already bought the tickets.C) sells tickets at the theatre.
PLEASE REMAIN IN SEATS UNTIL THE BUS COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP.
5)A) Do not stand up while the bus is moving.B) The bus begins to move when all the seats are full.C) If the bus is full, please give your seat to a senior.
To: Susan From: Ali
I know you asked me to fix your bike on Friday, but I completely forgot about a meeting I have to go to - terribly sorry.
6) Why is Ali apologising to Susan? A) He cannot do the favour he had promised.B) He hasn't had time to fix her bike.C) He won't be able to go to the meeting with her.